School Trip Health & Safety
Health & Safety is a key consideration for anyone thinking about booking a school trip or tour. We know that teachers aren’t always experts in this field. That’s why at Schools Into Europe we take the stress out of booking a school trip.
As an assured member of the School Travel Forum (click here to visit their website) and a member of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (click here to visit their website) you can be assured of our commitment to Health & Safety. We also use the services of external Health & Safety advisors, who are trained in Environmental Health and Health & Safety matters with its experts being corporate members of the internationally recognised Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (click here to visit their website) and are registered on the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
In addition, we are members of the Confederation of Passenger Transport (click here to visit their website). This provides us with additional crisis management support for extra reassurance.
We have a Health & Safety Management System and a Planning Safety guide which covers our policy on health & safety and is an excellent guide for Party Leaders which was written by a leading advisor to education in Wales. In addition, we hold all the necessary insurance which can be seen here.
We also provide Party Leaders who book with us our example School Trip and Tours Risk Assessment. This comprehensive risk assessment is 16 pages long and is an excellent resource for any Party Leader.
Here’s an example of what we do, so you don’t have to:
Coach operator checks including:
- Ensuring they hold the correct license issued by the Traffic Commissioner to travel to Europe
- Ensuring suitable levels of Insurance
- Ensure drivers have the correct driving licenses
- They have a suitable maintenance regime
- Ensure all coaches have seatbelts
- Ensure all drivers have been vetted by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
- Ensure they have suitable breakdown cover for Europe
- Compliance with the EC Drivers hours regulations
Accommodation checks including:
- Insurance checks
- Security and personal safety checks
- General Safety checks
- Fire safety related checks
- Swimming pool related checks
- Food Safety
- Our membership of the School Travel Forum and our Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge means we are pre-approved with many LEA’s, making Schools Into Europe a natural choice. Our Company is also independently pre-approved with a number of other LEAs, in recognition of our longstanding working relationship with schools in those areas.
24hour Emergency Assistance
- We provide a 24hour Emergency Telephone support to Party Leaders when on a tour or trip.